Monday, October 8, 2012

"CLICK"

Have you ever been to a school sporting event?  As you enter, there is generally some poor guy there whose job it is to press a clicker in his hand to count how many people have entered.  "Click."  In you go.  "Click. Click. Click."  Family of three.

One day, while standing in the hallway, I told one of my good friends and colleagues that middle school teachers should each hold a counter in their hands.  Each time a student tells us something we really don't want/need to hear, we could click it.  The number after just one week would be staggering.

I have decided to find some joy in this sometimes exhausting aspect of teaching.  By keeping track.  "Guess what I did this weekend!"  Click.  "My mom bought a bell just like yours!"  Click.

Ready to share the joy?  If not, just "Click."

No comments:

Post a Comment